[Cialug] For sale, mini cloud test rig

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Wed Aug 14 07:19:46 CDT 2013

Hello, I have three "servers" I'm not using. I bought them to build a mini
cloud and they work great.

Included are three intelistation m pro workstations with 64bit Intel core 2
duo 1.8ghz cpus, 8gb ram each and SATA drives. They run server or desktop
Linux quite well with no extra drivers but they do have nvidia quadro
graphics cards so give the best 3d performance if you install the
proprietary graphics drivers (which I believe do support cuda).

Also included is a KVM switch with cables for all three plus a keyboard,
mouse and 17" lcd monitor.

I've tested the machines with Ubuntu 12.04 and 13.04 and performance is
great. I've virtualized unbutu, centos, windows xp and windows 7 and all
run just fine. (I used kvm/qemu primarily, but also tested with virtualbox)
These machines do support hardware virtualization instructions.

According to the IBM website, these machines are certified for redhat so
that should work well if you want to go that route.

I would like $450 for the whole setup. Please remember when you reply to
not reply to the whole list, just to me, newz at bearfruit.org. :-)

I can take debit/credit card if that makes life easier (or cash of course).