[Cialug] WiFi at 1000'

Anthony Jeffries ajeffri at angrywithunicorns.org
Wed Aug 7 13:56:38 CDT 2013

Have you considered something like these?

http://www.proxim.com/products/point-to-point-backhaul

They're self-contained, and powered via POE. We use them in that config
to cover a 3 mile hop here in the Cascades, and they can go farther
using the connectorized version and small dish antennas. Also, they are
entirely unlicensed at either 2.4 or 5.8 GHz.

Cambium networks has similar products and might be worth a look, too:
http://www.cambiumnetworks.com/products/ptp/ptp-100/ This is the little
brother to the PTP-600s we use to cover a 25 mile hop.