[Cialug] ddos-guard.net?

David Champion dchamp1337 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 08:57:20 CDT 2013

Could be. The symptom I saw was the named service was taking a lot of CPU
time and mostly unresponsive on a server (#3 in a cluster of 4). The logs
had a bunch of these:

Apr 26 13:07:03 myhostname named[8212]: client 186.2.164.20#20591: no more
recursive clients: quota reached

That IP's PTR resolves to ddos-guard.net.

I blocked that IP in iptables and the problem appeared to go away.

I realize this was probably treating the symptom, but on a busy day
sometimes that's all you get.

-dc