[Cialug] Remove Thermal Paste?

David Champion dchamp1337 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 16:43:15 CDT 2013

Pretty cool demonstration of how fast primer cord goes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVaFKAlRAUI

On the thermal paste, make sure you read up on proper usage. i.e. you
should use a very thin layer, and their shouldn't be any gooshing out
between the surfaces. It's meant to fill in the tiny gaps in the surfaces.
Some thermal paste is an electrical conductor as well, I've seen people
short out CPU's with it. If you use too much paste, it may act as an
insulator and makes things run hotter.

-dc