[Cialug] Canonical hiring a system/network admin

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Fri Sep 14 12:08:27 CDT 2012

Hi, my chance to get a local coworker has come again. My company is hiring
a US home-based senior level "system engineer." (i.e. help manage the
equipment that is in our data center)

If you're interested and meet the qualifications contact me privately and I
can help you get through the process.

*Core Dev Ops*

2 x System Administrators

Location:  1 x home based, Europe and 1 x home based, USA.

This role is part of IS Operations systems administration team with
responsibility for all operational IT systems throughout the company
including Canonical's data centres and offices.  This is a fast paced
senior-level position on the GSA team, responsible for maintaining
expert-level knowledge of all that we run.  We are an exciting group of
primarily distributed, home-based systems administrators, directly running
all Canonical and Ubuntu Services.  With a wide variety of both internal
and public Web services running on baremetal and the cloud, our
infrastructure (and team) needs to be world-class.  We're looking for
experienced senior systems administrators who are passionate about Ubuntu,
as well as the technologies we work with.

Europe:
https://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CANONICAL&cws=1&rid=539

USA:
https://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CANONICAL&cws=1&rid=541