[Cialug] Secure Linux System

kristau kristau at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 19:01:19 CDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 6:39 PM, L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:
> At a meeting and the question arose - how can one build a read/only Linux
> system (i.e. reboot restores the original configuration)?
>
> My thought was to install something like puppyLinux, but how would they
> install things like printer drivers?
>
>         Lee

I used to run a firewall that booted off of a floppy disk back in the
day (freesco). You could do something similar today with a read-only
flash drive or bootable optical drive. Customize a live CD for your
needs and leave it in the tray with the bios configured to boot from
it first.

--
Tired programmer
Coding late into the night