[Cialug] OT: Original Asus Eee Pad Transformer (TF101-A1) for sale

Matt Stanton matt at itwannabe.com
Mon Oct 22 18:19:20 CDT 2012

Howdy LUG!

I recently purchased a new tablet (a significant upgrade to the newest Transformer Infinity TF700T), and I no longer have any real use for my original Transformer tablet.  Included is the matching keyboard dock, which includes 2 USB ports, and a full-size SD card slot, plus adds extra battery life to the tablet.  I've had it for a little bit over a year, now, so it has outlived its warranty, but it is in excellent shape other than two known issues:

1) The GPS sensor never really seemed to work.  This never bothered me because I have an external serial bluetooth GPS sensor that works far better than I've ever seen any internal sensor work.  I really never had any use for GPS on my tablet, though.

2) The keyboard dock is missing one of the three rubber bumpers that keep the tablet screen from touching the keyboard's keys.  The screen still doesn't appear to touch the keyboard thanks to the other two rubber strips and the firmness of the hinge.

I wanted to offer it to the LUG before trying to sell it on Craigslist or EBay.  My goal is to recoup a little bit of the money I blew on the rather expensive upgrade to my new tablet.  The keyboard dock will be bundled with the tablet.  I believe I also have the original packaging for the keyboard and tablet, but I can't really promise that.  I'll be looking for that stuff in the next couple of days.  Currently the tablet is using a stock firmware, but a custom kernel, and it has been rooted.  I can leave it the way it is, or I can revert it to stock.  The custom kernel has allowances for overclocking as well as a few modules for ntfs, tun.ko (I think this is for vpn use?), and some usb 3G dongles... possibly cifs support (though I can't be sure of this one).

If you are interested and need some pictures or have any questions, let me know off-list and I will get back to you.

Thanks!

-- Matt (N0BOX)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer

 TF700