[Cialug] Luddite SysAdmin

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Mon Nov 26 07:18:08 CST 2012

<daniel.ramaley at DRAKE.EDU> wrote:
>> The app i saw used location to do it, not network availability. I'll
>> see if i can find it again.
>
>Tasker. Can determine your location based on cell tower, GPS, etc.

Sorry for the slow response. The app i'd been thinking of was
JuiceDefender. It can turn wifi on or off based on your location (as
determined by the cell network) so you can, for example, set it up to
only turn on wifi at home, work, and your favorite coffee shop. I ended
up not using it for long though because even on fairly conservative
settings it made my phone too annoying to use.

__
Daniel A. Ramaley
Network Engineer 2

Dial Center 112, Drake University
2407 Carpenter Ave / Des Moines IA 50311 USA
Tel: +1 515 271-4540
Fax: +1 515 271-1938
E-mail: daniel.ramaley at drake.edu