[Cialug] OT: CASA China Anti-Spam Alliance?

Nicolai nicolai-cialug at chocolatine.org
Tue Nov 20 12:56:54 CST 2012

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 11:51:52PM -0600, David Champion wrote:

> As I said before, the CASA site doesn't give me any description of why it's
> listing the IP

http://www.anti-spam.org.cn/CID/17

It says that "CBL is china black ip list."

I assume this means they think spam has been emitted from your machine.
If your machine sends bounce messages, chances are high it sends spam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backscatter_(e-mail)

 "Recipients of such messages see them as a form of unsolicited
  bulk email or spam since they were not solicited by the
  recipients, are substantially similar to each other and are
  delivered in bulk quantities. Systems that generate email
  backscatter can end up being listed on various DNSBLs and be
  in violation of internet service providers' Terms of Service."

> or how to de-list it.

I posted this before:

http://www.anti-spam.org.cn/?Locale=en_US

Which you'll see on the right-hand side includes a removal tool.  In
other words, a method to delist the IP address.

Nicolai