[Cialug] OT: CASA China Anti-Spam Alliance?

Nicolai nicolai-cialug at chocolatine.org
Mon Nov 19 23:16:57 CST 2012

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 05:28:06PM -0600, David Champion wrote:

Dave,

Since you're referring to a domain, I think you misunderstand what this
CASA DNSBL lists.  It only lists IP addresses.  MXToolbox looks up the
IP address of your MX and reports any DNSBL hits it finds.

> Looks pretty suspicious to me. It says:
>
> CBL Return codes were: 127.0.8.2
> CDL Return codes were: 127.0.8.4
> CBL+ Return codes were: 127.0.8.6
> CBL- Return codes were: 127.0.8.5

These are normal return codes, although most people use 127.0.0.X for
listed entries.  For instance, the IP address 12.75.2.1 is currently
listed in the Spamhaus PBL list:

 $ dig 1.2.75.12.pbl.spamhaus.org +short
 127.0.0.11

> Looked around and don't see anything definitive about those error codes.

A brief explanation in English is here:

http://www.anti-spam.org.cn/CID/17

Which of those lists contains the IP address you're talking about?  MXToolbox
should say.

Nicolai