[Cialug] Slight OT: Joomla & Security

James Jones jejones3141 at gmail.com
Thu May 24 14:25:56 CDT 2012

On 05/24/2012 02:17 PM, jrnosee wrote:
> Anyone know how it's possible to modify a file in linux and NOT
> change the modified date/time?  I was thinking that this was
> self-replicating, but I swear I removed it from every page....

The touch utility is often used to create a file or set its time of
modification to the time when touch is run, but one of the possible
options lets you specify an arbitrary date/time to use. I wouldn't be
surprised if malware made a point of noting the timestamp of the
original versions of files it mungs and preserving that timestamp in the
modified version as part of trying to make things look normal.

     James