[Cialug] Slight OT: Joomla & Security

Jim Cole jrcole at gmail.com
Thu May 24 12:18:14 CDT 2012

My Joomlas were getting hacked left and right with the 'one click'
installer from Dreamhost. I figured I'd set it up that way so it'd
auto update. The forums were filled with people getting their Joomla
sites hacked. The dreamhost one click install installed some extra
plugins.

I could never get it to stay clean no matter what I did...my wifes
teaching website would link to Russian P0rn..not cool.

Once I switched to a VPS, installed Joomla fresh manually,  locked it
down and kept it up to date, its been fine.