[Cialug] Temperature monitoring

Nathan C. Smith nathan.smith at ipmvs.com
Wed May 23 16:48:22 CDT 2012

If you want to access over a network, the I.T. watchdogs products are good.  The information from these sensors can be obtained XML, SNMP for starters and perhaps other formats.  I use these and use them directly (web interface) have them email me alerts, and access them (poorly - my fault) in Nagios with SNMP.

The onewire network sensors and can be interfaced with a computer and accessed by Linux.  There is a lot of existing code but there might be more DIY involved depending on what you want to do.

-Nate