[Cialug] Arduino winners

Morris Dovey mrdovey at iedu.com
Fri May 18 23:35:53 CDT 2012

On 5/18/12 10:57 PM, jrnosee wrote:
> Our wonderful presenter said they got the arduinos from Amazon for a really
> good price.  Anyone know which might be the right one to order?  The ones I
> found so far have some shifty comments about cheap clones. Any tips for
> getting the real deal?

My suggestion is to by either an Arduino Uno-R3 or an Arduino
Mega2560-R3, depending on what you'd like to do and how much you care to
spend.

I'd also suggest buying a real Arduino (blue boards with the prominent
infinity symbol). I've dealt with the folks at Sparkfun Electronics, who
seemed to have good prices on Arduino boards and consistantly prompt
shipping.

They list the Uno at http://www.sparkfun.com/products/11021
  and the Mega2560 at http://www.sparkfun.com/products/11061

I like that they have links to documentation (including EagleCAD files)
for most of what they sell.