[Cialug] Linux on locked machines

David Champion dchamp1337 at gmail.com
Tue May 15 16:42:48 CDT 2012

I'd suggest KDE - I've been using it for years, and it works great for me.
Most major distros have an option to use KDE.

Before you whine about the desktop folder widget... if your distro even
uses it by default, all you have to do is close the widget, and you never
have to see it again.

KDE got a lot of bad press a few years ago when one distro (Fedora? I don't
recall which) released with a buggy not-ready-for-prime-time version. I've
never had a problem with it.

-dc