[Cialug] Well "put together" Linux distros?

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Sat May 12 16:03:28 CDT 2012

On Sat, 12 May 2012, Josh More wrote:

> OpenSUSE used to be a very well put together distro. The engineering
> on it was excellent.

Still is, .. been using it every day since 11.1 with a number of 'high
end' installations - e.g. 40T systems. SuSE was an easy choice as CentOS
did not support GPT at the time.

> It weakened a bit under Novell's "leadership".  I've not tried it
> since it became an Attachmate deal.

Some development aspects may have slown down a bit, especially when Ximian
left the fold, however the core engineering has always been first rate.

Besides, being based in Europe, they are much farther removed from the DRM
fanatics <g>!

	Lee