[Cialug] annual Ubunutu bust.

Ralph Kessel ralphkessel75 at yahoo.com
Sun May 6 22:50:14 CDT 2012

Just downloaded an update of Ubuntu 12.0 and it completed smershed my Linux drive.    By that I mean is I'm unable to install an old release on my drive because the grub config on my machine finds it unbootable.  Whenever I try to bring up my Ubuntu desktop it just hangs. Since this is a dual boot (I have a windoze hd) and an Ubuntu hd.  I'm able to boot into my Vista drive and I'm afraid I would mess up both if do anymore.

I'm asking for two alternative solutions:

A. A means to split my boot with windows and linux so that I could restore my linux (with an old boot or new version).
B. Suggest someone or computer repair service in the area (preferably in or near Ankeny if possible) who could work on my machine with a dual boot

I t would be greatly appreciated.   BTW once I complete my evening class I'm taking on Wed nights I would be happy to attend future LUG meetings.

Thanks so much
Ralph Kessel