[Cialug] Maximized Apps

Paul Gray gray at cs.uni.edu
Thu Mar 22 10:52:18 CDT 2012

On 03/22/2012 10:40 AM, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Mar 2012, Paul Gray wrote:
>
>> This must be a factor of your window manager.  My full-screen apps -
>> including VirtualBox VMs and mythtv sessions running full screen - are
>> bound to the screen that they were spawned into (kde, xfce4).
>>
> Does 'bound to the screen' indicate the workspace or desktop? IOW do they
> stay on the workspace in which they were created? If so, it may be an
> issue with Gome, . . .

It's bound to the workspace.  In other words, in KDE, when I start up
mythtv in fullscreen mode in my "Ctrl-F4" workspace, it stays there when
I hop to any of my other "Ctrl-F{1,2,3}" workspaces.

VirtualBox is a bit different, but only that I have to release focus
before hitting "Ctrl-F{1,2,3}".

--
Paul Gray                                         -o)
314 East Gym, Dept. of Computer Science           /\\