[Cialug] LinuxMint on VirtualBox

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 20:11:07 CDT 2012

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 7:15 PM, L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Mar 2012, Tim Wilson wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to install Mint 12 on VirtualBox.  The host is Windows 7 64Bit.
>> When I click "Install Linux Mint", I see it show up in the task bar, but
>> nothing seems to happen.  After a while, mouse clicks seem to do nothing.
>> I've tried booting LinuxMint in compatibility, and every step seems to
>> crash (it's stuck on keyboard layout now).
>>
> Have you actually created and installed Mint in a VM?

It sounds like the answer to that would be 'no', since that's what
he's asking for help with.

You might check to be sure that you've selected Ubuntu 64 bit, if your
Mint ISO is 64 bit.  Also, if your'e just wanting to try out Mint, you
could use one of these:

http://virtualboximages.com/VirtualBox.Linux.Mint.vids

--
Todd