[Cialug] LinuxMint on VirtualBox

Tim Wilson tim_linux at wilson-home.com
Sun Mar 11 16:32:30 CDT 2012

I'm trying to install Mint 12 on VirtualBox.  The host is Windows 7 64Bit.
When I click "Install Linux Mint", I see it show up in the task bar, but
nothing seems to happen.  After a while, mouse clicks seem to do nothing.
I've tried booting LinuxMint in compatibility, and every step seems to
crash (it's stuck on keyboard layout now).  In VirtualBox, I set the OS
Type as Ubuntu.  Mint is on an ISO, not a physical DVD.  I'm not familiar
with Mint, I wanted to give it a try.  Is there some other setting I should
try on VirtualBox?  Anything I should be aware of with Mint?

--
Tim
Required reading: http://bccplease.com/