[Cialug] Linux on a netbook

Dan Hockey icepuck3k at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 21:50:35 CST 2012

I've upgraded my Dell Mini 1011 to 2gb ram 320gb hdd, and atherous b,g,n wireless.
I dual boot win7pro and ubuntu 10.10.
I've tried newer versions of ubuntu but unity 3d eye candy cut about an hour off the battery run time. It ran hotter and couldn't get lmsensors to read the internal temp sensors, that was the reason why I went back to 10.10-until I find something that works better.
-dan