[Cialug] cheap inkjet printer that works with both windows and ubuntu

Andrew Denner linux-list at upeke.com
Tue Jun 19 08:48:52 CDT 2012

To echo Matthew, I know that they are not cheep inkjets, but I have
had good luck before with any networkable laser printers that can
understand post script or pcl.  I have found that while the upfront
costs of the laser are higher, it is easy to make it up in the per
page costs.

One possibility to check out how linux friendly a printer is, is to
look it up in the openprinter database
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/openprinting/database/databaseintro

Andrew Denner