[Cialug] PAM problem

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Mon Jul 30 13:21:28 CDT 2012

When I changed this box from RL5 to RL3, I noticed the additional free
memory did not affect logins - it is taking an extraordinarly amount of
time (15-20 sec) to process a login after the key passphrase prompt.

Noticed a PAM issue:

Jul 30 13:12:29 WTNagios sshd[28439]: Accepted publickey for wtadmin from
64.91.95.138 port 19313 ssh2
Jul 30 13:12:34 WTNagios sshd[28353]: pam_systemd(sshd:session): Failed to
create session: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the
remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy
blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection
was broken.

It IS acting like a timeout problem, but it DOES login successfully AFTER
the time priod. Anyone ever seen something like this?

	TIA,

	Lee