[Cialug] OT - maybe - out-going e-mail address blacklist ???

Josh More jmore at starmind.org
Tue Jul 24 08:38:22 CDT 2012

There are some services that do this, mostly as part of spam control.

That said, it's poor security, as for email to be viable, it must also
be forwardable from "legit" email accounts.  Security-aware
organizations use detective technology to scan the contents of the
outgoing email and then blocks it or encrypts it according to what it
detects.

The routing code idea only works if 100% of the Internet is
trustworthy. Basically, discretionary controls are not reliable.

-Josh