[Cialug] nfs issue

Paul Gray gray at cs.uni.edu
Fri Jul 20 21:40:23 CDT 2012

On 07/20/2012 10:45 AM, Mike wrote:
> Check the "nas box" and see how it is being exported via
> *# cat /etc/exports*
>
> showmount does not list the mounting options
>
> for example:
>

> *# cat /etc/exports*
> /remote_mount 192.168.0.50(ro,all_squash) 192.168.0.100(ro)
> 192.168.0.200(rw)

The other thing to note is the squash option.  Note above, everything is
squashed, and in the original e-mail, you were executing things as root
(so you were likely squashed to user "nobody").

Check the nfs server's export command...if you want root to be able to
do things as root, then add "no_root_squash" to the export options line,
as in:

  /storage 172.16.61.12(rw,no_subtree_check,async,no_root_squash,insecure)

vs. something like:

  /scratch	172.16.0.0/24(rw,async,no_subtree_check,root_squash)

--
Paul Gray                                         -o)
314 East Gym, Dept. of Computer Science           /\\