[Cialug] NAS Boxen

Claus Niesen cniesen at gmx.net
Tue Jul 17 08:55:57 CDT 2012

On 7/15/2012 Paul said:
> On 7/16/2012 1:59 PM, David Champion wrote:
> > I've been pretty happy with FreeNAS using ZFS RAID.
>
> Ditto that.
>
> -PG

I've been eying FreeNas especially since I need larger and larger partitions for backup, and that's at home. :{  Currently I'm using an older computer, Pentium 3 698MHz, 512MB RAM with 6.4GB (for OS), 80GB, 250GB and 1.5TB drives. The 1.5TB drive needed to be split into three partitions to avoid OpenBSD system limitations.

If I understand things correctly I still have limitations with FreeNAS as ZFS really needs 8GB of RAM.