[Cialug] I'm teaching a web dev class this summer

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 21:12:08 CDT 2012

FWIW...  My expertise is not web development, though I try, but rather
copy editing!  Here's what you wrote on the page:

"Learn to program in under 8 weeks, we'll help you do it

"Many people want to be a web developer but just haven't succeeded.
Maybe you don't have the time to go to college or sitting in a
classroom doesn't work for you. Some people try to learn on their own
but get stuck while working through the basics. How frustrating!"

Here's how I'd suggest editing that:

"Learn to program in under 8 weeks; we'll help you do it

Many people want to be a web developer but just haven't succeeded.
Maybe you don't have the time to go to college, or sitting in a
classroom doesn't work for you. Some people try to learn on their own
but get stuck while working through the basics. How frustrating!"

There's a semi-colon in the paragraph title, but you could make it
fully two sentences.  Either way.  And then I added a comma after
college in the second sentence of the paragraph text.

Did I need to offer this feedback?  No.  Your customers may not have
noticed.  But your grammar is *technically* incorrect, and it's
possible that some of your potential customers *may* notice, and I
wish to see you succeed.  So... there you go.  =)

Also, you shift subject a couple of times ('you' vs. 'people') but
that's not such a big deal.

--
Todd