[Cialug] RH pty #s

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Wed Jan 25 15:38:50 CST 2012

Ran into an intersting situation today, .. found out that some s/w is
counting the number of users by looking at the pts assigned.

Can someone point me at 'official' documentation that shows how they are
assigned? The problem is, in this case, that the s/w is looking for a pts
> 24 to indicate that more than 24 users are online, however it happens
about 15 users depending on various sequences of logins and logouts.

If we can find any good documentation of how they are assigned on RH, we
can go back to the vendor and get then to increase the license count.

	TIA,

	Lee