[Cialug] Maildir -> PST

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Thu Jan 19 15:44:47 CST 2012

Having extracted a large quantity of one user's email from the
archives (14K message, 4.2 GB *compressed*), the next problem is how
to 'show' them to management.

 > No local mail server (it is outsourced)
 > No simple way to get the file here to the lab without munching
their connection
 > Outlook client for viewing

Given that Outlook would most like roll over and die if we tried to
import that many messages (and probably leave that user's PST in an
usable state), .. and the apparent lack of any way to create a PST
from them, wonding if anyone had a suggestion?

One thought I had - apparently "EML" emails with Outlook are
individual files - has anyone ever tried to convert Maildir files to .EMLs?

	Lee