[Cialug] OT: buying a phone number

David Bierce david at bierce.org
Fri Jan 13 12:00:33 CST 2012

I have found most national VOIP providers don't offer service on numbers in an Iowa exchange.  I'm not sure who the backbone provider for Vitelity and Velocity are but every one of the big name nation VOIP trunk providers said they don't service the Iowa market because the telco laws here are messed for an out of state carrier.  I'm certain Dave would have more insight into that.  I just remember ATT, bandwidth.com and even earthlink couldn't get their backbone to grab Iowa numbers.