[Cialug] How to determine the cause of a Linux performance problem?

kristau kristau at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 08:57:42 CST 2012

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 7:49 AM, Pixel // pinterface <pix at kepibu.org> wrote:

> Greetings, Linux Experts!
>
> I have a problem I am hoping you will be able to help me figure out.
>
> I've got a VPS.  It runs a fair few things (LAMP stack; mail server;
> etc.), but has always performed admirably.  A couple of days ago,
> performance took a nosedive and I have been unable to recover.

Have you contacted the VPS provider? What is your Service Level Agreement
for that VPS? Depending on how densely they've consolidated their hosts,
you may be suffering from someone else's runaway VM hogging up that host's
resources or a mis-configured host/cluster.

--
Tired programmer
Coding late into the night