[Cialug] Semi-OT: Insurance

Aaron Korver aaron.korver at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 12:56:34 CST 2012

As far as apps go, ask yourself this, if you need to make a claim, would
you rather call someone and have them come and see it in person, or rely on
an app to collect data?

Personally, I'll stick with a company that still has agents.  Insurance is
all about get things back to normal when something bad happens.  That is
what you are paying for.  Hence I do not judge a company by their app, but
by their average claim response time.  All companies have this info and
will share it if asked.  The premium for company A might be $50 a month
cheaper, but if their claim turn around time is two weeks longer, is that
worth it to you?

-- Aaron Korver