[Cialug] Network Help

Nicolai nicolai-cialug at chocolatine.org
Mon Feb 6 13:56:44 CST 2012

On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 01:18:04PM -0600, Dan Schlichting wrote:
> I have a situation where a specific site won't load the first time but
> it does the second time.
>
> I am trying to hook to a ssl site. The first time it fails and then
> after that it works.
>
> Does anyone have any idea why. It isn't my firewall I am by passing it.
>
> If you need more information let me know.

Hi Dan,

The likelyhood of your issue (and any you'll find here) being resolved
is proportional to the quality of information we have to work with.
Your best chance of resolving the issue is to be specific: what website
are you talking about?  Additionally, instead of describing the problem,
it's best to:

 o Copy and paste what exactly you typed
 o Copy and paste the error message or output you saw
 o Say what you expected to happen instead

You'd be amazed at how much better this is in problem solving.  And it
would also sidestep half a dozen replies of "if this, then that"
speculation which in general tends to overwhelm the OP, often causing
them to simply give up.

Nicolai