[Cialug] Good uses for smaller disks?

Nicolai nicolai-cialug at chocolatine.org
Sun Dec 30 10:01:13 CST 2012

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 09:32:10AM -0600, Matthew Nuzum wrote:
> I found in my supply good IDE 80G, 120G and 200G drives.

> What would you do? My choices are:
> 1. Throw them away

How about sell on craigslist or donate?  An underfunded homeless
shelter, for example, might be very happy with some new hardware.

Otherwise, keeping spare drives, cables and such things is just
sensible, like keeping some band-aids and rubbing alcohol.  You don't
want to use it but when you have to, unexpectedly, you're glad it's
there.  Last time this happened to me: ~10 days ago.

Nicolai