[Cialug] bsd mail/mailx reading

Barry Von Ahsen barry at vonahsen.com
Fri Dec 28 10:57:19 CST 2012

thanks - I think I found that in the past from 'help', but I forgot to mention this is on CentOS, which is slightly confused about what it can and can't do.  I tried that and:

& l
Commands are:
next, alias, print, type, Type, Print, visual, top, touch, preserve,
delete, dp, dt, undelete, unset, mail, mbox, more, page, More, Page,
unread, U, !, copy, chdir, cd, save, source, set, shell, version,
group, write, from, file, folder, folders, ?, z, headers, help, =,
Reply, Respond, reply, respond, edit, echo, quit, list, xit, exit,
size, hold, if, else, endif, alternates, ignore, discard, retain,
saveignore, savediscard, saveretain, core, #, clobber

attempting to run 'list', which it says is a command, gives the same message again:

& list
unread, U, !, copy, chdir, cd, save, source, set, shell, version,
group, write, from, file, folder, folders, ?, z, headers, help, =,
Reply, Respond, reply, respond, edit, echo, quit, list, xit, exit,
size, hold, if, else, endif, alternates, ignore, discard, retain,
saveignore, savediscard, saveretain, core, #, clobber

so it's probably a CentOS issue

-barry