[Cialug] shell accounts

jrnosee jrnosee at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 14:56:08 CST 2012

Ok, so with christmas and being sick and such, I just got this together.
 Also, I needed the tower for a bit longer as we needed use of my Wife's
old flatbed scanner for ultrasound pictures.  Her scanner would only work
on XP, however I've since gotten one of my old scanners to play nice with
linux.

Here's the two older systems I have.  They're great for browsing the web,
checking emails, or learning linux basics.  I can include a Mint linux disk
that should work on either system.  It'd be an older Mint x86 CD.

Small Form Factor:
Shuttle system
1.5GB RAM
P4 - 3.0GHz Dual Core
CD-RW
80GB SATA drive
GeForce FX 5200.
Drive may or may not boot.  I only had a few minutes to plug this in and
test it.  I booted it from a x86 Mint Linux CD.  I would need to test and
wipe the drive before passing it on.  Will not come with an OS.  This
system lived it's past life as my car stereo system.  One other issue with
it is the power button on the case doesn't work.  I have a 2 pin female
header cable coming out the back of the system that is spliced in to the
power button leads.

Tower:
2.4GHz P4
1.256 RAM
DVD-RW w/ LightScribe
ATI "RV350" (Should be a Radion 9550 or 9600...I can't remember)
150GB HDD - PATA I believe.  I didn't crack the case.
This was my wife's computer.  The drive needs wiped, and will not come with
an OS.  The XP license is being donated to my Church's library.

Feel free to make any offers on either or ask any questions.  At this point
I'll take just about anything as I'm just trying to downsize how much stuff
I have laying around.  I'm a severely underpaid programmer who's about to
have a kid so anything I can turn back in to cash is a good thing.

If anyone likes I also have a box of tech "junk".  PATA removable drive
bays (metal and plastic), PATA drives, a soundcard or two, a SATA 1 PCI
card, floppy drives, PATA cables, etc.