[Cialug] lost+found

Scott Yates Scott at yatesframe.com
Sun Dec 16 23:04:31 CST 2012

Do what you want, but I agree with Matt.  A corrupted file system makes for
a lousy backup medium.

13x 3tb drives would get you a raid-5 that should cover the storage while
you diagnose.  You could expand the storage after diagnosing the problem,
or keep them online for a hot spare server.  The investment in drives is
probably more than offset by the data you are backing up.

I hope you are able to get things worked out either way.