[Cialug] CentOS on HyperV

Josh More jmore at starmind.org
Tue Dec 4 12:29:01 CST 2012

Might not be true if you need a Hyper-V kernel module to see the increased
size.

My suspicion is that the installer for SUSE does, because of the
partnership. SLES wouldn't because it would be a non-free extension to the
RHEL kernel so they couldn't legally clone it.

Most people, when making VM's in virtualization, make very light VM's and
connect them to big disk later, so it's a use case that's not likely come
up much.

I don't know why you need the space, but I'd do a 20Gb (or less) OS install
and then link bigass disk to it later mounted as /data or whatever.

-Josh