[Cialug] OT: Question about a Windows OS install disk that I've listed on eBay

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Fri Aug 24 13:57:02 CDT 2012

Well, I know that specifically Adobe provides a provision for this so I
don't think it's against the rules. Actually, now that I think about it,
Rosetta Stone has it as well. In Adobe you can transfer the registration of
the product. In Rosetta Stone when you deactivate a language you get a
special code which you need in order to re-activate it on the new computer.

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Rob Miller <robarooney at gmail.com> wrote:

> Great question ... I have bought and sold Microsoft and Adobe software via
> eBay for several years.  I have sold older programs like XP and Vista that
> I purchased from local stores like BestBuy or Office Depot or ordered
> directly from Microsoft.  These are programs that I am not using and have
> deleted from my computer.  Let me know if I am violating the EULA and I
> will stop.  Rob
>
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 1:25 PM, L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 24 Aug 2012, Rob Miller wrote:
> >
> > > I'm wanting to sell my full, retail copy of Microsoft Windows Vista
> > > Ultimate (32-bit and 64-bit DVDs) via eBay.
> > >
> > I see that the question about the SKU was already answered, .. but since
> > when does eBay allow selling of software? I thought that was a prohibited
> > item?
> >
> >         Lee

Matthew Nuzum