[Cialug] Slightly OT, .. WiFi Latency

Zachary Kotlarek zach at kotlarek.com
Thu Aug 23 06:58:26 CDT 2012

On Aug 23, 2012, at 4:01 AM, L. V. Lammert wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Aug 2012, Josh More wrote:
>
>> Does the WAP have some sort of powersave setting, perhaps?
>>
> Don't think so, .. the delay occurs at times I would consider less than
> any powersave timeout (e.g. after five minutes).

While it varies significantly from client to client, PSPM for WiFi is designed to work on the order of seconds or smaller periods. For example, in linux the `iwconfig` command has default units of seconds and you can specify milliseconds or microseconds. So I wouldn't assume the timeout is hundreds of seconds by default.

	Zach