[Cialug] Dumb. Dumb Security.

Michael Davis mpdavis at iastate.edu
Mon Aug 20 17:47:37 CDT 2012

While their response is a bad one, you probably aren't talking to a
developer.  More than likely you are talking to someone in PR or marketing
that had a 5 minute conversation with a developer and doesn't fully
understand what is going on.  This can be made even worse by the fact that
the developer may not have seen your actual question, and is answering what
the PR/marketing person thinks you were asking.  It can end up being a big
game of telephone that gets messy quick.

It does sound like you have the option to not receive emails, why is that
not an option?  The website says that the software is in beta, so if you
feel like the software is worth it, I would continue paying for the
service, but forgo emails for the time being.  If enough people ask for
emails without account balances, I am sure it will be a feature shortly.
 This assumes that you are comfortable with the rest of the service.

Michael Davis
Software Engineering - Iowa State University
WebFilings Software Development Intern
IASG Treasurer