[Cialug] Dumb. Dumb Security.

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 15:44:11 CDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 10:40 PM, Todd Walton <tdwalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unsubscribe.  No more FutureAdvisor.

I asked them to terminate my account and got this response:

"Given the ubiquity of encrypted email we've not spent the time to
offer finer control of email preferences. Email is 100% encrypted
while in our hands. Our mailing service SendGrid sends encrypted mail
by default and it would only be an outdated email server or email
client that may make your email less secure. For example Gmail became
encrypted by default in 2010."

I'm a techie, but not a security expert... but since when did this
magically encrypted Internet exist?  I'm being flippant.  But in all
seriousness, have things changed that much?

--
Todd