[Cialug] Come Volunteer at the 2012 IT-Olympics! We want YOU!

David Runneals david at runneals.com
Wed Apr 25 13:08:18 CDT 2012

Our big event geared towards high school students, the IT-Olympics, is
coming up very soon!  We need volunteers for Thursday April 26th, and/or
Friday April 27th and/or Saturday April 28th, any time you are available.
We especially need computer-inclined individuals on Thursday around noon to
help us set up equipment once it arrives at Hilton; our Thursday volunteers
will be tasked with getting computers connected and making sure everything
works.  Friday volunteers are also needed to help students troubleshoot
their network issues in the CDC venue.  We'll also be looking for
volunteers to help troubleshoot basic computing problems in the robotics
and video game design venues with the students.  They'll know how to use
the software, but we need YOUR help with diagnosing basic issues like
network connectivity, etc.

If you have participated in the CDC before and want to help be a green or
red team member, please registered on the website listed below *and reply
to this message to let me know!  We have a strong need for savvy ISU
students to be green team members!*

If you can help (and we REALLY depend on volunteers), please register ASAP
on our website, which ensures we have food and drink for you during the
event.  Once again that's April 26th, starting at noon, 27th and 28th all
day.  All events are in Hilton Coliseum.
http://www.it-adventures.org/php/add_volunteer.php

*Signed up?  Great!  We know to get enough food and drink for you.  But now
you need to reply to this message and let me know to expect you (and what
you'd like to volunteer to help with)!

*
Many companies are represented by employees on green and red teams; so
volunteering is a great way to:
A) Add volunteering to your resume
B) Volunteer for a cause that many large companies actually know about,
such as Rockwell-Collins, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Principal Financial,
Union Pacific Railroad, the Metasploit Project, and the Apache Software
foundation, just to name a few ;)

It's fun, easy to do, looks great on resume, and requires no extra time
outside of those three days (and you can help and much or as little as you
are willing and able to).  So what are you waiting for?  GO SIGN UP!

--
Matthew Sullivan
*Information Assurance @ Iowa State University <http://www.iac.iastate.edu>