[Cialug] Rsnapshot heirarchy

kristau kristau at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 17:52:13 CDT 2012

If rsnapshot is passing these as filter rules as described in the
rsync man page, then you may need to craft a more complex set of
filter rules to match your needs. The section INCLUDE/EXCLUDE PATTERN
RULES in the rsync man page has a section which describes a similar
situation. Boiled down, as you have the rules written now,
/storage/StoreGridDB is excluded because its parent is excluded. I've
not tested this, but something similar to the following should work:

include /storage/
include /storage/StoreGridDB/
exclude /storage/*

Note that the trailing slashes are important, too, as they designate
the pattern is to match a directory. Therefore, if StoreGridDB is a
file, leave that trailing slash off.

Again, I've not tested, but I *think* that should work because you've
explicitly included each step in the path, then excluded the contents
of the storage directory, not the directory itself.

--
Tired programmer
Coding late into the night