[Cialug] Retry: New CPU experiences?

bofh at visi.com bofh at visi.com
Fri Apr 20 11:10:37 CDT 2012

Sorry about that.  Didn't realize I was sending in HTML.

Does anyone have any experience with AMD's  "Bulldozer"
FX-81** 8-core series CPU they'd like to share?

I'm spec'ing out a new system, and there seems to be a
discrepancy  between the well-known review sites stating
"high heat, high power usage  and you only get i5
performance", and the copious number of "5  star/egg"
user-reviews on sites like newegg and
tigerdirect  (sockpuppets?).  It would be nice to get
local hands-on experience and comparison comments.

Thanks.