[Cialug] Mythbuntu

Michael Standfest michael at standfest.org
Wed Sep 21 22:00:22 CDT 2011

After following the instructions to scan using 'hdhomerun-config
discover', and then enter the device id and _not_ the ip address, the
second tuner on the Silicon Dust HD works.  The primary tuner now
fails and truncates recordings.  This appears to be fixed in mythtv
0.24.2, but that version isn't released yet.  The current release is
0.24.1.

I tried uploading my log file to http://standfest.org/mythbackend.log
but since i only use this domain for mail, so it may take a bit for
the dns to update.

I have failed/truncated recordings at 6:30 pm and 7:30 pm.  6:30pm
yesterday, 5:30 pm yesterday.  Monday at 6:30 pm and 5:30 pm.

It isn't always the same channel (sometimes Fox 17, sometimes PBS,
Saturday it was on NBC, etc).  And up until around 6:15 pm tonight, it
was card id 3 that was failing (the 2nd tuner on the SiliconHD).  Now
card id 1 is having issues (the 1st tuner on the SiliconHD).  If 1 and
3 are recording at the same time, 3 works, but one doesn't work.

I was looking over the log file and found a part where a recording was
logged as stopping within about 2 mins of starting, but now, I don't
see it.

My eyes are glazed over and I need to get to sleep.

Thanks for the help.
Michael