[Cialug] VB of Windows 7

chris rheinherren c.rheinherren at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 17:27:17 CDT 2011

Hey I have a question, if anyone out there can help me out with it.

A friend wants to switch to Linux but has some Windows apps they can't live
without that arent available under Linux. So I suggested doing a VM of
Windows to get those and all would be "good". However the computer he wants
to do this with currently runs Win 7. And of course most new PCs now days
don't come with an install DVD/CD of any kind.

You can make a system restore disk or a system image, which on Win 7 usually
spans multiple DVDs. Can these be used to create the Win 7 VM?

Or is there another way to get a Win 7 install DVD.

Thanks!!