[Cialug] two factor ssh auth

Tom Pohl tom at tcpconsulting.com
Wed Sep 21 15:56:32 CDT 2011

I know a little bit about pam_yubico. When I implemented it a few years ago, I had to hack the code pretty hard to get it to function correctly.  I'd imagine that it is much more polished now.

We implemented it with LDAP lookup for the key identifier to ensure that the yubikey matches the user that logs in.

I also have it hit my own variation of their web application server for verification without using their servers which involves reprogramming the keys to have a new AES key that only my service knows.

To re-program the key, I figured out how to re-program the yubikey from the web by utilizing their activex control in Internet Exploder.

There is also another mode to the key where you have have it spit out a long static password instead of the OTP mode.

-Tom