[Cialug] Virtualbox under Ubuntu 11.04

Tom Sellers tomsellers2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 21 10:59:58 CDT 2011

I have installed Ubuntu 11.04 server version on a machine and then tried to install virtualbox on the same machine.   The problem that I seem to have encountered is that virtualbox appears to require a graphical desktop which is not installed with the server version.   The machine is a dual core processor laptop with 1 GB of memory.

First question is does virtualbox require the graphical desktop instead of a command line interface?
Second question is should I have used the client version instead of the server version of Ubuntu 11?

Anyone have any experience that could share some of that expertise with me?

Thanks