[Cialug] Tim Perdue

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Sat Sep 17 00:10:01 CDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 8:31 PM, Dave Weis <djweis at internetsolver.com>wrote:

> For anyone that knew Tim, he passed away earlier today. Keep his family in
> your thoughts.
>
> Dave

I've never met him, nor he me. However he has made a huge impact on my life.
When I was a budding web developer in '99 a site that he created,
phpbuilder.com, was hugely instrumental in me getting to where I am now. I
remember reading every new article as soon as it came out. I remember when
internet.com took over, things went downhill fast when he left.

You can go back and see some of those old stories at
http://phpbuilder.com/columns/index.php3?cat=all - the classics all have
their date set to 2000-07-30 for some reason. One of my favorites is the
Postgres vs MySQL article (he advocated for using PostgreSQL and based
largely on his recommendation I spent the next several years on it).
http://phpbuilder.com/columns/tim20000705.php3?aid=14

Thanks for letting us know Dave. I will not forget him.

--
Matthew Nuzum